Website Manager


Frequently Asked Questions


Q: How do I know which Little League I should register for?
A: Each Little League throughout the country is set up with specific geographical boundaries. Please click the attached link below to determine which District 70 Little League your child is assigned to (by your home address). Check the map here.

Q: Where can I find VALL's Local Rules?
A: You can find VALL's Local Rules by clicking here.

Q: Can I add a chin flap or "c-flap" to my child's helmet for safety?
A: No. Adding your own c-flap to your childs helmet likely voids its NOCSAE safety certification. However, there are c-flap equipped helmets you can purchase that meet little league safety requirements. Learn more here.

Q: How do I know if my child's bat meets USABat standards?
A: An approved USA baseball bat will have the USA Baseball ribbon logo. Effective on January 1, 2018, if your bat has the older BPF 1.15 logo, it is no longer approved for Little League play (Junior League Baseball and below) in any game, practice, or other Little League function, event, or activity. There is an exception for T-Ball bats 26" and smaller (see next question for details). For more information on the USABat standard and a complete list of bats approved through the USABat Standard, visit

Q: Are USA bats required for T-Ball?
A: Starting on January 1, 2018, all T-Ball bats in the Little League Baseball® Tee Ball program must feature the USA Baseball mark and accompanying text. Tee Ball bats that were produced and/or purchased prior to the implementation of the new standard can be certified using an Approved Tee Ball Sticker via the USA Baseball Tee Ball Sticker Program for use with approved Tee Ball baseballs for Little League play. Learn more about the T-Ball sticker program here.

Q: Are "Big Barrel" bats allowed to be used?
A: Yes. Under the 2018 USABat standard, USA marked bats with barrels measuring 2.25, 2.5, and 2.625 are all approved for play.

Q: Do wood bats need to follow the USA Bat standard?
A: Yes and no. If your wood bat is a simple one-piece bat, it does not need to have the USA logo and is legal for use. If your wood bat has modifications such as having a 2-piece composition, or other incorporated technologies, it will require the USA logo to be legal.

Q: When should I hear from a coach now that registration & assessments have been held?
A: For T-Ball, Single A, & 'AA', you should hear from your team Manager within the first week (or so) of February. For 'AAA', Majors and Juniors, you will be notified approximately 1 week AFTER the last tryout date.

Q: When does the Spring Season Start and End?
A: Practices for the Spring Season start approximately the first week in February. Games are expected to start either the last weekend of February or the first weekend of March. T-Ball and A play through the end of May. AA plays through the middle of May. AAA and Majors plays until the end of May / beginning of June.

Q: When and where are games and practices held?
A: Games will be held at the Vista Sports Park or French Field for home games. Inter-league away games will be played on opposing teams' fields within the District. Most field addresses can be found on our Leagues & Locations page. Games will be held weeknights after 5 PM and on Saturdays between 8:30 AM and 9 PM. We try and get the younger kids playing earlier in the night so that they can be wrapped up. Every effort is attempted to keep the kids off the fields after 9 PM, but due to field space limitations, sometimes children in the AAA, Majors and Juniors divisions will have games that end after 9 PM. Practices will be held at John Landes Park, The Vista Sports Park and at schools in VUSD. Practice times may change as we get longer days throughout the season. All practices will end by 9 PM for older children (AAA, Majors and Juniors).

Q: Are uniforms provided?
A: Vista American Little League provides a hat and shirt for players. Pants, socks, belt, cup and cleats will be the responsibility of each player. Your Manager will tell you what colors to purchase. Uniforms will be distributed prior to your first game.

Q: I want to help coach my child's team. What do I do?
A: If you would like to volunteer, you'll need to fill out a Little League Volunteer Application and submit it with a copy of your photo ID.

All team Managers will need to be interviewed by the coaching committee, attend a VALL Sponsored Managers Clinic, and complete all mandatory training.

New Volunteers and volunteers that have not actively volunteered in the previous season will need to complete the following application and return to a current sitting board member to be processed for approval: New Volunteer Application
If you previously volunteered with VALL in the season previous to the current season and have already completed a New Volunteer Application that was processed and approved by the league, please complete the Returning Volunteer Application.

Q: If I've coached in another league or coached another sport within Vista, do I still need to complete background checks?
A: For protection of your privacy, most leagues and sports do not share your information. VALL will need to run an annual background check for our own records.

Q: Can I coach before I submit the application or before the league approves my application?
A: No, not until your application has been approved.

Q: After I submit my application, can I begin volunteering?
A: No. We still need time to run the background check. When your name appears on the Approved Volunteer List in the side menu, then your background check is complete and okay. Managers and Coaches are then selected from the approved list by the League President. 

Q: Who do I call for further information?
A: For more information or if you have specific questions, go to the Board of Directors page here.


VIsta American Little League

1600 Sports Park Way 
Vista, California 92085

Email: [email protected]

Copyright © 2020 Vista American Little League  |  Privacy Statement |  Terms Of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Log In